10.3.10

Salomè

Salomè


Acrylic Painting on Canvas, 150 x 100 cm.

This is my largest piece so far, and a troubled one.
It took me nearly a month to finish it, due to many accidents occured while working. The marker used for the preparatory sketch blurred, ruining the pink that had to be repainted - the color I used for the violet was no longer on sale (I used a ten-years-old jar of acrylic color, which fell on the floor and broke in the middle of the work) so I had to redo it twice with a new color - the lilac pigment wasn't thick enough, and I did three hands of painting in order to obtain the desired thickness. For these reasons I also call it "The Cursed Canvas".

The painting depicts Salome, stepdaughter of Herod Antipas, who danced before him and her mother Herodias at the occasion of his birthday, and in doing so gave her mother the opportunity to obtain the head of John the Baptist.

This work will be shown at Ortika Street Art Lovers show in Rome:
www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=348220529590&ref=ts
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment